13 September 2015

On It Burgers - Ferntree Gully

***
On It Burgers - Ferntree Gully

***

On It Burgers Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Rating: 4.5 / 5

I am happy to say the trusty eastern suburbs came through last night.

My brother had been telling me about On It burgers and their black buns for some time but only last night was I able to experience them for myself. My requirement for burgers is that they are traditional, so traditionally I ordered the Double Classic. The Double classic sports two patties of prime grain fed beef, mustard, ketchup, double American melted cheese, pickles and red onion on a fantastic artisan bun. It was honestly something to behold.

The garlic and basil fries weren't too heavily seasoned but just enough to take them from fry to "oh my!" especially when dipped in the mayonnaise or the special smoky 'On It' dip.
The onion rings were pretty good, but I would rather them a little crunchier as described in the menu. They were little bit soggy than what I would usually like, but with a fine batter non the less.


Then there was 'The Luke'. This is the black bun burger that burns your retina but not your soul. American cheese, bacon jam, prime grass fed beef, pickles, lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard. Sounds like a lot but it works. The diameter of the burger itself is actually a little smaller that the classic variations but it has some seriously good flavors.

I originally thought that On It Burgers would be at a disadvantage being out in the eastern suburbs and not in the heart of Melbourne like the other burger joints littering our city, but I think the quality will make it a local regular and once they get known around the city people will start to travel for these burgers if they haven't already. If On It Burgers continue to do what they are doing, with their current market share in the east they will easily outlast their counterparts closer to the city.



No comments:

Post a Comment