06 February 2016

Chew Burgers - Preston

Chew Burgers Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Chew Burgers, Preston
Victoria, Australia


We had the pleasure of trying Chew Burgers in Preston for the first time last night, and I have to say I was fairly impressed. As I have mentioned before, 8Bit is kind of the benchmark that I use to compare other burger places in Melbourne. For the 8 out of 10 that I give 8Bit I give Chew Burger a 7. It isn't because the burgers aren't as good, in fact the burgers are pretty amazing. I would say that they are right up there with 8Bit in terms of ingredients and the size of them makes them better value for money. The fact that I had sauce all over my face and running down my arms was a minor issue to deal with. It was all worth it. The real difference between the 2 was the lack of thick shakes. Burgers + shake = Must!!!

The Plenty burger (shown below) is a double 190g wagyu patties, smokey bacon, cheddar, cos lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, mustard and their amazing creamy smoke and fire sauce which gave it a spicy kick. Like I said earlier, it was a messy burger to eat, but I ate it fast enough to not notice it too much. Oh, all between the new standard in a brioche bun.


We also ordered the Commando burger - 1 of the wagyu patties mentioned above, bacon, cheddar, cos lettuce onion rings, lava mayo and barbecue sauce. As far as taste goes, the Commando was by far the tastiest of the two which is thanks to the mix between the mayo and barbecue sauce. The shoestring fries were pretty standard but a perfect side. I was a little disappointed that we weren't given sauce when the burgers were brought out to us. Everyone knows it isn't a good idea to serve fries without the sauce to accompany it. In saying all that it wasn't like I felt like I needed to get up and go looking for any sauce, I had enough in the burgers.

It is a good place to grab a quality burger if you find yourself in that part of town. I highly recommend this place and my wife was very impressed also. Oh, and the Mexican cola was surprisingly good too.



No comments:

Post a Comment